Hey Delish D’Liters! Who couldn’t use a new recipe to remix your boring chicken recipes? My freezer is always stocked with chicken, so to keep things interesting in the kitchen, I’m always searching for ways to add delish new flavors to chicken. This honey lime grilled chicken recipe does just that! Can we say winner winner, chicken dinner?
I’m not using any old honey for this recipe, I’m using the amazing flavored raw honey from Henry’s Humdingers!
Henry’s Humdingers is a natural condiment made of raw honey & spices. Henry’s Humdingers line has 4 different unique blends. Grumpy Grandpa is a flavor explosion of honey, red pepper & garlic. Naughty Nana is a spicy ginger mixture with a slow burn that breaks all the laws of taste & is making new ones. Phoebe’s Fireball is an unforgettable combination of chipotle & cinnamon so spicy and sweet, it will blow you away. Diabolical Dad is an mouthwatering, fiery blend of habanero & lime.
These delicious raw honey and spice blends are a one of a kind ingredient to have in your kitchen. They add an amazing amount of flavor to any recipe that calls for honey, and also give your food a kick!
Get yours today at HenrysHumdingers.com
6 bone-in, skinless chicken thighs or legs
Zest and juice of 1 lime
2 heaping tablespoons Henry’s Humdingers Naughty Nana honey
3 tablespoons olive oil
1 tablespoon fresh rosemary, chopped
1 tablespoon fresh thyme, chopped
1 garlic clove, grated
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon pepper
To make the marinade, mix the lime zest, juice, honey, olive oil, rosemary, thyme, garlic, salt and pepper in a small mason jar and shake to combine, or mix it in a bowl. Make sure the honey totally dissolved in the marinade.
When you’re ready to grill the chicken, heat your grill to medium heat.
Grill the chicken for 6-8 minutes per side, or until cooked through. Since this marinade has honey in it, it can tend to burn if you don’t be careful, so don’t walk away while you’re making this.
Check out that delish caramelization that happens on the grill when you cook something with sugar! That right there is why I love to grill! 🙂
Serve my honey lime chicken with this recipe for restaurant style mashed potatoes for the perfect weeknight dinner!
- 6 bone-in, skinless chicken thighs or legs
- Zest and juice of 1 lime
- 2 heaping tablespoons Henry’s Humdingers Naughty Nana honey
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon fresh rosemary, chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, grated
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- Mix the lime zest, juice, honey, olive oil, rosemary, thyme, garlic, salt and pepper in a small mason jar and shake to combine, or mix it in a bowl. Make sure the honey totally dissolved in the marinade.
- Place the chicken pieces in a non-reactive dish, and pour the marinade over the chicken.
- Thoroughly coat the chicken with the marinade, then place them in the fridge to marinate for 1 to 24 hours.
- When you’re ready to grill the chicken, heat your grill to medium heat.
- Grill the chicken for 6-8 minutes per side, or until cooked through.